Dry Eye Treatment
What is Dry Eye?
Dry eye occurs when there are not enough tears on the front of the eye to lubricate effectively.
What are the Symptoms of Dry Eye?
- A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes
- Stringy mucus in or around your eyes
- Increased eye irritation from smoke or wind
- Eye fatigue
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye redness
- A sensation of having something in your eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Periods of excessive tearing
- Blurred vision, often worsening at the end of the day or after focusing for a prolonged period
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please make an appointment with the optician at your local Options Optometrists as soon as possible.
What Treatments are offered for Dry Eye?
Each individual is different and your unique treatment option will be formulated and discussed with you during your consultation.